Saturday, December 26, 2015

A book I've read....I'm reading...I want to read

I'm going to try this #MTBoS12days of blogging. Though now it might mean that I occasionally blog more than once per day!

Today's blog topic: A book I've read...A book I'm reading...and A book I want to read

I've read: The Whole30: The 30-day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom

As a girl that has struggled with binge-eating disorder for many years, and whose yo-yo dieting all the way through my mid-twenties made it hard to keep off weight, this book really DID give me food freedom. I confirmed what I already knew about dairy (no-go for my stomach), found out that me and Soy don't get along, but...most importantly, I figured out that I am [scarily] addicted to sugar. Whole30 was thirty full days without any sweeteners, whether real or fake, and I was able to get rid of all cravings for sweet treats. Then, upon reintroduction, it was clear that I was an addict. Truly. In a scary way. I know it's not a hard drug, but I felt like a drug addict once I reintroduced sugar. So, I cut it out of my diet again. I tried to explain how important this was in my life to my family, and they GOT it. No cookies at home this Christmas. They have gone out of their way to make sure my (and my wife's) food don't have sweeteners. It has been AMAZING. I kept a lot of what I learned in Whole30 in my everyday food choices, but the wife and I are doing another full Whole30 starting January 1. Join me? Interested in more? Ask me or check out their website!

I'm reading: All Our Names, by Dinaw Mengestu

This is a book I've been interested in reading for awhile, and then someone at my school started a book club and this was our first read! I'm not very far into it yet, but looking forward to it!

I want to read: Furiously Happy, by Jenny Lawson

If you haven't read Jenny Lawson's first book (Let's Pretend this Never Happened), it is hilarious while also talking about her dealing with some mental health issues. I'm looking forward to reading her next one!

ALSO want to read: Mathematical Mindsets, by Jo Boaler

Isn't this a given?

No comments:

Post a Comment