Friday, August 5, 2016

20 Things About Me!

I have still not been thinking too much about school (except random thoughts...none of which elicit any more than a sentence - definitely not blog-worthy. So, I thought I would look at the suggestions for blogs during this awesome #Blaugust.

Today I chose 20 random things about me:


  1. I have been married for one year to my amazing wife, AJ!

  2. We have a dog named Einstein and a cat named Pi (short for Pythagoras). 
  3. I have 12 tattoos and 5 of them are math related. 
  4. I love wearing glasses - even though when I was told I needed them at 14 (or earlier?) I rebelled and told myself I'd never wear them! Now I can't imagine not wearing them! (Only downfall might be that I can't wear those Desmos sunglasses.)
  5. I have completed something like 13 half marathons - and have another in October!
  6. The countries I have visited are Canada and Ireland!
  7. I'm originally from Kalamazoo, MI. I lived there for the first 27 years of my life until I accepted my current job!
  8. I started mountain biking this year, and I can't wait to get back to it! 
  9. I had a herniated disc in my neck this year (C5-C6) that caused CRAZY pain and required surgery in May. I was out of school for two weeks and I'm finally back to all normal activity and PAIN FREE!

  10. I have seriously known I wanted to teach high school math since I was in 10th grade!
  11. I absolutely LOVE reality cooking shows! (Top Chef, Master Chef, Next Food Network Star, Cutthroat Kitchen, Iron Chef America)
  12. I did my teaching internship in an 8th grade classroom where my cooperating teacher went on sabbatical the second semester, so I was really there the full year! 
  13. I teach now at a 6-12 independent school in Colorado! 
  14. My wife and I just bought our first home (less than a week ago) and I am LOVING it! We have already painted two rooms! 
  15. My workouts are generally at a place called OrangeTheory! Amazingly intense and so motivating!
  16. I have climbed one 14,000 foot peak (a 14-er, as many Coloradoans call them) and look forward to doing another! 
  17. I know two people who are competing in this year's Olympic games! 
  18. I love wearing Converse and often wear them to work with my dress clothes. (Also wore them at my wedding!) 
  19. I broke my left wrist when I was in fourth grade during a rollerskating trip with Girl Scouts! 
  20. I love my job! I never thought I would love my job as much as I do! 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a peek into your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding looks like the most adorable thing EVER!! LOVE the dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clothing your wedding party is wearing! I have a thing for suspenders and bow ties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clothing your wedding party is wearing! I have a thing for suspenders and bow ties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! And I love how much fun your wedding looks like it was. Keep enjoying the new house!

    ReplyDelete