Monday, August 1, 2016

It's Blaugust!

Alright folks. This is not the first blogging initiative I said I would be a part of, and it certainly won't be the last. I will do my best to blog daily...

What do I hope to get out of Blaugust?

My wife and I just bought a house (read as: closing was 3 days ago...when they say you sign your name a ton, they weren't joking! We each signed 58 times!) and that is where most (read as: all) of my energy is going. We moved in our things on Saturday, we're almost fully unpacked, and we have already started with the home improvement projects. We have 19 days until our planned housewarming party (why didn't I plan this for September?), and a crazy schedule of things to do along the way!

I'm hopeful that being a part of this blogging initiative will help me to pause and start thinking about going back to work. And then when I'm back (in two short weeks!) to start thinking about my first days in the classroom. And then once those first days are done, to start reflecting on my practice. I thought this would be a good way to get started on my #1TMCthing (more reflective blogging.) So there you have it. I have goals! And I will think about something other than paint colors for the next two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. You can blog about your house too :) I love HGTV, so why not add a blog component! :) Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete