Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Mrs. Reycer, by the Numbers!

I wanted to come up with an interesting/fun/different way of talking about myself a little bit at the beginning of the school year. Sara VanDerWerf (@saravdwerf) blogged about a similar activity....so...as all good teachers do....I stole it and made it my own! 

I'm going to have students guess what they think these numbers might represent about me! 

Each will then be linked to one of the following slides: 
I've had 3 surgeries! Wisdom teeth taken out in high school, an outpatient procedure to remove a blood clot from my brain, and removal of a herniated disc (replaced by a prosthetic) last year!

I want it to be obvious to students new to the upper school that I'm married...and to a woman. It makes awkward conversations about my "husband" non-existent! Also - it's super important for me to be ME...most authentically. (The cat is Pythagoras, the dog is Einstein!) 

Nine is the number of years I have been teaching! 

I wanted to be sure to talk about the #MTBoS and how I tweet with you all as a way of reflection and learning (and sometimes just for fun too!) 

I can talk about how I'm from Michigan originally! 


That's all! One thing can be checked off the to-do list! 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea!! Hope that twitter number doesn't change before then!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!! Hope that twitter number doesn't change before then!! :)

    ReplyDelete